So I'm finally on the road to healthy bowels after a bout with bacterial colonitis. Until I landed myself in the hospital for two nights and three days (yes, I'm really counting) I never realized how much of my identity has been mother to Anika.
Thanks to my most selfless friend (and her husband and son) I was able to have some company overnight, but that didn't quell the phantom cries I kept hearing as I tried to sleep minus child in the room next door.
What an amazing man I married too. Single daddy-hood was not what he bargained for and to do it with such ease and patience and concern for me all at the same time! Lots of stinky formula diapers and a bad case of the flu later, my husband came out a knight in shining armor.
I also have a new appreciation for men with nursing wives. Two of the physicians that worked with me did everything they could to make sure I could get back to nursing asap. They were very understanding. Of course, I hate the pump more than ever too.
I guess you can never escape being a mom although I'd venture to say that landing yourself in the hospital doped up on morphine is a far cry from being mommy. I'm just glad to be back home, back at work, but most of all back to my new identity.


1 comments:
I second that, sister!
xo,
Joy
Post a Comment