Life has definitely changed for me in the past few months. Motherhood, while full of of lovely surprises like smiles and coos, is full of hard work. I had no idea it'd be such a workout. My arms are tired, my back is sore, and my brain can't think of much more than: do we have enough diapers? what about those pjs? are they too tight on her toes? why can't she fall asleep? how will I ever go back to work? why is she drooling so much!?
Having time off has been a blessing. With my photography to supplement the crazy Christmas expenses, we were able to keep me from my high school English teaching job until January. Anika Jane is a blessing too. She has recently started giggling in her sleep and I can't help but wonder what she dreams of. Its probably not how much she loves her father and I but of her Froggey Frog she plays with everyday. Or it could be her Raggedy Ann doll that watches her get her diapers changed. She is healthy though and after the CF scare I feel like we can survive the two colds she's already had and the 8 diapers we went through one Sunday morning trying to get out the door to church.
Welcome to my blog. I hope to keep those far away updated on the little things and of course, have a place to vent when I know Dan has heard enough. Thanks for visiting.
Having time off has been a blessing. With my photography to supplement the crazy Christmas expenses, we were able to keep me from my high school English teaching job until January. Anika Jane is a blessing too. She has recently started giggling in her sleep and I can't help but wonder what she dreams of. Its probably not how much she loves her father and I but of her Froggey Frog she plays with everyday. Or it could be her Raggedy Ann doll that watches her get her diapers changed. She is healthy though and after the CF scare I feel like we can survive the two colds she's already had and the 8 diapers we went through one Sunday morning trying to get out the door to church.
Welcome to my blog. I hope to keep those far away updated on the little things and of course, have a place to vent when I know Dan has heard enough. Thanks for visiting.


1 comments:
Jane, you're doing beautifully as a new mom--probably better than most! I'll be thinking of you as you make the adjustment to teaching again. Give yourself plenty o'time to settle in. Love you!
Post a Comment