Monday, May 11, 2009

Great Weekend

With beautiful weather and a day to just celebrate me, how could you go wrong?

Saturday was nice, Dan and I hung out with the kiddos. They are growing so fast. With the warmer weather, we have now gotten the chance to get to know all the neighbors. There are so many kids! They all run around together thinking every yard is their playground. Anika is especially in love with a little guy named Connor, who is only two days younger than she is. We also picked up some flowers at Lowes (boy, was it ever packed).

Saturday evening, the little ones were in bed by 9pm (Anika by 7:30ish) so Dan and I worked in the backyard to the hum of baby monitors! I planted all my flowers and he organized his almost finished shed. It was so peaceful. After we finished our work, he put a fire in the pit and we sat and chatted. We laughed about what we used to do with all our spare time!

Sunday, I woke up to a little girl crawling one me saying, "Happy Day, Mom!" Dan tried to teacher her, but that was all she could remember...SO cute. She actually went around saying it all day. They gave me cards, and Dan made my day very nice by cleaning up, changing most of the diapers, etc. Eli even gave me a 3.5 hour nap as a gift! I got to spend lots of time with Anika in the backyard playing in her dry pool (it was still a little cold).

Here are some pics:


Happy guy!
Our little multi-tasker.


She can also be a trouble maker...look who's using the potty! I pulled a pair of Dan's socks out of the toilet the other day. Maybe I shouldn't have taught her to flush!

That darn red-eye. Mom, I finally have a kid who gets it all the time! (This drives my mom nuts with the camera we both have.)

Playin in the dry pool.


She refuses to smile. We practically stand on our heads, but she keeps a straight face!

0 comments: