I feel really sad about the episode I just watched from the John and Kate Plus Eight series. They are getting divorced. The whole thing makes me realize what a job it is to keep a marriage in tact. With little ones running around, the strain to keep your marriage a happy union is felt more deeply.
In honor of father's day yesterday, I have to thank my husband for putting up with me. I am not always the easiest person to deal with and having a new-born and a little one who lately never wants anybody but her mommy can make a woman go nuts! Dan has been my rock (not just now, but for a long time). (Great, now I'm crying.)
I have the utmost respect for women (or men for that matter) who raise their kids alone, because it is as thankless a job as teaching high schoolers, but the pay off is more than worth it. If it weren't for Dan, I would not be the mother I am today. If it weren't for his sense of humor, I would not laugh at myself nearly everyday! And if he weren't in my childrens' lives, they would be missing a piece so important, I'm not sure how I'd ever mend the missing parts.
I love you Dan, Happy Day!
(This is how Anika says it, thanks to Dan's improvising when she couldn't say happy mother's day.)
Monday, June 22, 2009
Marriage
Posted by
jani
at
7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are so right Jani. Keeping a sense of humor in a marriage is "key". I know there are times when I don't appreciate my husband like I should and I've been trying to get better at that.
You (and I) are so fortunate to have a wonderful husband... you two make a great team and that is a cool thing to see... especially in this time of disposable marriages.
BTW, when are we going to see each other again?
Does this mean Dan gets to go hunting whenever he wants? Thats how I read it anyway.
Post a Comment