Friday, June 27, 2008

Sorry We've Been MIA

Anika is now 9 months old and still has no desire to crawl, but boy is she ever fun. We are amazed everyday by all the things she can do. She claps her hands together, shakes her head "no, no", and does the "happy scream" (dubbed so by a little boy at the sitter's). She is now getting her top teeth and that lead to some early weaning because of her excitement to practice biting with those teeth!

Check out the family site for updated 7 month and now 8 month shots of Anika.

These are some of my favs. from a recent photo shoot with the little lady at the end of 8 months.



Since we've been gone from the blog, we had Grandma and Grandpa, and Aunt Laura and Uncle Drew come to visit and Anika got to take her first trip to the zoo. She loved watching the penguins and the apes the most. By the end of the day she was pooped! Check out those feet!



We also got a visit from some Michiganders. Nana came with Ellie to visit and we all had so much fun. We especially enjoyed the City Museum in St. Louis--very eclectic and cool. Ellie came along for the photo shoot and she was such a good model. I'm trying to expand my children's photography portfolio. Check out this little beauty!




I also moved into a much larger classroom and thanks to a great friend got lots of help cleaning up after the retired teacher and baseball coach who used to have my new room. Let me just say, "gross."

I also recently shot a wedding (with a great new assistant) this past weekend. I'll have to post some pics soon...they are absolutely beautiful. The bride (I did her senior pics years ago) and groom graduated from my high school and they love pictures about as much as I do, so they gave us tons of time with the two of them after the ceremony for great pics.

Now, we're visiting the family in Illinois and tomorrow Dan and I leave for our first overnight away from baby--a wedding in Wisconsin. Then Monday morning its off to Boston for our annual gathering withe my sister and her family. This year we all rented a cottage in Maine. Should be fun with two little ones under the age of 2!

We miss everyone!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Let's see some of those wedding pics! Seriously -- I've been stalking your blog with anxious anticipation!!!

Sara said...

Oh yeah... and AWESOME shots of Bob... I mean Ellie...

The Terps said...

Jane! I love to hear your updates and see your beautiful pictures - Ellie has grown into such a beautiful little girl...I bet the last time I saw her was your wedding!! Anyhow - have so much fun in Maine - can't wait to see pictures from that trip - take care!!