Monday, November 17, 2008

GUEST BLOGGER ENTRY: So Tired



So Tired, that is, of looking at the same thing every time I look at the blog page. Sheesh.

So, sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I asked the wifey for the user name and password last night so I could make my own entry. I'm a long time watcher, first time blogger, so cut me some slack if the pictures come through sideways.

You might be wondering what have we been doing since 3 months ago? (last post = Aug 24th) Good question. It feels like so long ago that 3 months ago might as well have been 30 years. Anika is walking all over the place, and has become really good at getting into stuff. She is also really good at distributing said "stuff" all over the house. Random toys in kitchen drawers, bracelets in my shoes, and sippy cups on the dog's bed are not uncommon occurrences. We also seem to keep finding the temperature knob from the crock pot in her toy basket. I'm not quite sure how she keeps getting that knob off of there...it must be some slight of hand move.

Anika has also learned how to say "please," along with signing it. Our babysitter has been teaching her this during the day. Anika has quickly learned that she can get whatever she wants as long as she says please, and looks cute enough while saying it. She could probably con me into giving her a steak knife to play with if she said please enough. Ha ha, just kidding Child Services, I don't want to go through that process again!

Anyway, we have so much fun hanging out with her. Here are some recent pics. Then, after you look at the pictures, maybe you can actually read what I wrote. I know you skipped straight to the pictures...it's okay. You probably eat your dessert before the main course too.




Fall Fun!

Peek-a-Boo!

Dimples!

4 comments:

Erin said...

What a cutie! Its about time you two put something new up there. I was beginning to think you quit the blog all together! Jane I hope you are feeling well and Dan thanks for filling us all in on the last few months!

Love, Erin

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Dan I don't know about you but I would much rather eat my deSSert than my desert. Didn't your elementary teacher teach you anything. Dessert has two S's because you always want a second helping. Just thought I would give you that little hit. I bet you never spell dessert wrong again!!

HA!
love you bro!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Fixed. Jerk.

Sara said...

YEAH!!! Something new to look at... Jani, you know I love you, but I was getting tired of seeing the same adorable picture of Ben everytime I tried to blog-stalk you. I know I have no room to talk about not updating, but these pics of Anika are awesome, and it's cool to see life with a baby from a Daddy's point of view, too.