Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy Life

This past weekend was full of activity! Friday, our sitter was sick, so I managed two kids until Dan came home early at 1pm. Both kids were snotty and sick making it a difficult deal. Then Daddy arrives to help and Eli sleeps until he would have been home normally!

Saturday, we went to a 4-year-old birthday party. It was a horse theme and Anika got to feed real horses and visit a barn. She had a blast and was so good even though she skipped her nap. We forgot the camera in the midst running to the barn in the rain with two kids! Poor Eli didn't enjoy it so much since his little snotty nose was full of dust afterwards.

Then Sunday morning at church we learned that Dan was chosen to be a Deacon at our church. What an honor...I think he will likely be the youngest member of the Consistory. It will be a huge time commitment, but he will be great.

Sunday night we had dinner with some good friends and Anika played with their son. They really had a lot of fun. I can't wait for Sara's baby boy to join Eli and be pals!

Here are some pics:


Anika in her new rain coat. (actually I bought it in Nov.)


Love this get-up. I learned at a photography workshop to avoid having kids say cheese and try other words. Both these smiles came from saying "Daddy."


Let us just say Q-tips are not easy to put back!


Finally a pic of my new nephew, Ruben (Ben) Thomas Williams


Anika and I with the horse (pic from Dan's cell).

2 comments:

JFW said...

Love these, Jane! Congrats to dan on the deacon thing, too. xo, J

Sara said...

Your kids are precious... and I can't wait for our boys to be pals too... given how well Anika and Carter get along, everyone will have a playmate!!! YEAH!!!