Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wi-Fi Rocks

I have to say that it is so cool to be able to use my laptop at the hospital. This post-partum experience has been like night and day from Anika's only I'm stuck here longer with this one!

So the guest blogger has been doing a good job keeping you up-to-date, but I thought I'd add my two cents.

Everything went great with this little guy's birth except for the fact that I got to experience a drug-free labor and most of the delivery on my right side only. Talk about a weird feeling! Dan said I shouted out quite a few words not normally in my everyday vocabulary. Three contractions and the big guy was out! I had minimal "damage" and showered and walked around yesterday and everything...I couldn't walk for about two days after Anika!

I've been taking just Motrin for the pain and have already gotten to carry my little Anika again--today!

Last night we had a little glitch in the euphoria when, as I told the nurse, I almost jumped off the "formula" edge. Eli seems to have a much stronger suction than his sister and the combination of pain and being tired practically sent me over the end. Our nurse totally took control and helped both me and Dan through it. He has become quite the little eater...sometimes for an hour at a time! Already.

I am technically being discharged today although I will stay in the hospital with Eli til tomorrow. He was making these sweet little cooing sounds after he was born and they were concerned that this was a sound of labored breathing possibly caused by infection. He passed two tests showing he was fine, but the final one won't com in til tomorrow so we'll be here another night.

Thanks to everyone for their help, visits, and prayers.

0 comments: